Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tony Romo: Redemption

Tony Romo: Redemption
by, Billy Mumphrey

Romo: You want answers?

NFL, Fans, Media (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.

Romo: You want answers?!

NFL, Fans, Media: I want the truth!
 
 
Romo: You can't handle the truth! Son, I play in a league that delivers hits by 300 pound killers. And those hits are given and taken by men who have dedicated their entire life to one goal. Who's gonna do what it takes to play in the NFL? You? You, Stephen A. Smith? I have a greater responsibility as an NFL QB than you can possibly fathom.
 
You weep for Marshawn Lynch and you curse the NFL. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Marshawn’s Retirement, while tragic, probably saved defensive players lives. And my Career, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved Drew Bledsoe, Jason Whitten and Jerry Jones’ lives.
 
You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at draft parties and message boards, you want me in that game. You need me in that game.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone broken in a life spent desperately reaching for a playoff win! You use 'em as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a bunch of people who rise and sleep under the blanket of the very entertainment I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a protein shake and hit up the Planet Fitness Gym Membo. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
 
NFL, Fans, Media: Did you order the retirement?

Romo: I did the job you sent me to do.

NFL, Fans, Media: Did you order the retirement!?

Romo: You're goddamn right I did!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment